Monday, March 10, 2008

Moving

Realizing that we have two kitchens full of stuff and only one kitchen to put it all in I suggested we get rid of some stuff. The good news is that the Ogden Homeless Veteran's Fellowship, which gets homeless vets off the streets, off drugs and alcohol and into jobs and apartments, will be getting lots of small appliances and some furniture. We should have everything out of his townhouse today, which will be nice. I dread starting on my house. I have a lot more stuff, but I am willing to get rid of lots of stuff so if you are in need of something in particular let me know and if I don't need mine I'll give it to you! Mary

2 comments:

Carol said...

The YCC also needs a bunch of stuff like that because they help battered women set up house again.

As for Mike wanting to keep his mother's stuff . . . don't argue. I have my mother's old sauce pan and some baking stuff. It will never be used but I could not part with it. Every time I see one of these items I have a fond memory. One day you'll understand in a way that you cannot imagine understanding now.

Anonymous said...

Ok, I'm surprised to see that the blog is now no longer Something About Mary but now something about Mike, too, lol.

I'm with Mike on this one. If my dad owned it, it will never go anywhere. And yes, I have items in my kitchen that belonged to my dad and altho I don't use them often, they will never go away. Heck, I even have a tin measuring cup that LEAKS that I cannot bring myself to get rid of. And the cast iron skillet... well, I do use it once a year at Thanksgiving for candied yams. I know there's more but that's all I can think of right this minute.

Cindy