Monday, August 25, 2008

Mama Mia

Mike is such a good husband! Yesterday he said he wanted to take me to a movie since school was starting (today). He let me pick the movie. I chose Mama Mia. Chelsea and I saw it on Broadway when we went to NY last summer and we loved it. The movie was great too, however Pierce Brosnan just cannot sing! I liked that Meryl Streep actually looked like she could be old enough to be the mother of a 20 year old (and she is). She let all her wrinkles show, with very little make up, and she can actually sing. It as a good movie, but I'm not sure the message of having sex with 3 guys in a matter of a few days is such a good one, but it was the 80's so it probably happened more than people want to admit! After the movie was over Mike said he needed to watch a John Wayne movie to get his manhood back! He was the only guy in the whole theater! Mike has several business trips this fall and winter so I told him I was going to buy the DVD when it comes out, have some girlfriends over, make margaritas and we can all sing along to the movie! He just rolled his eyes and laughed.

Scruffy is doing better, however he still doesn't have complete control of his bladder so we have to cancel our trip to Seattle over Labor Day weekend. We really can't ask people to keep him for us if he's likely to pee on their floor.

Today was the first day of school for Chelsea and me. I also start my internship this week. I will be gone two nights a week with school and work. But I am looking forward to my senior year. I see the light at the end of the tunnel. Of course I start my graduate program next fall so I really have 2 years left. It's all good though. I pretty much know everyone in my classes. Two of them require group projects, which I'm not a fan of, but fortunately I am in two good groups so I'm not too worried about it.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

I'm so happy to hear that Scruffy is doing better, Mary! If I didn't think our pup would jump all over him, I'd tell you to bring him here (that is, if you were planning on driving...). Lovie thinks every dog on Earth wants to play with him, though, so he will pounce and pounce and pounce... Probably not what Scruffy needs right now!
Glad to hear your Mama Mia review... that's one that I'll have to wait to catch on DVD - we aren't able to go to the movies often, so there's no way Daniel would use a night out to go to a chick flick. Mike's a great guy to do that!
Hope your classes went well today!
Hugs!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that Scruffy is doing better, Mary. That would have been so scary. Hope you can find something fun for Labor Day anyway. As for me - That is my holiday this year to work - and at 6 a.m. to boot! My mind does not function that early to sit and type!

Kelly

cjknick said...

OMG, a senior already? Holy crap! Where does the time go.

I loved Mama Mia, too. I took S & P and they each brought a friend. *I* got to actually pick the movie for a change! I want the soundtrack. I agree that Merrill Streep was superb and she really surprised me with her vocals. And no, Pierce cannot sing but it gave me a good laugh. I was surprised by the number of men in the theater when we went. I was impressed that they humored their significant other enough to attend with them :)

Poor Scruffy. I hope he gets back to normal soon. As for cancelling your trip, altho it's a bummer, you get to stay home and maybe even be a bit of a lady of leisure!

Be well, my friend.

Cindy