Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Some photos


Thought I'd post some photos of our trip to Idaho.

This is my mom's tree. I don't know if you can see, but the large round ornaments are actually photos of her grandkids. She doesn't always decorate with these, but this is Chelsea's and my favorite. It is fun to look at the photos of when the kids were little.



This is Carrie, Chelsea, Mikaela and Samantha.



These are my parents' grandkids:
Jennifer, Carrie, Chelsea, Mikaela, Samantha, Justin, and Amanda. What a great looking group. Must take after their parents!








Here are my parents. They love having their whole family for Christmas Eve!











Here I am with the love of my life! It was our first Christmas together and it was wonderful! I am so lucky that he and everyone in my family get along.







It's a tradition for our family to have homemade egg noodles the day after Christmas. The last two years Chelsea and Samantha mixed, rolled and cut the noodles. Mom cooks them in chicken broth with canned whole chicken. They are sooooo good! They are really simple to make so I don't know why nobody makes them any other time of the year. Maybe because this is a special occasion and another excuse to have most of the family together again before we all get on with our busy lives.


There was so much snow in N. Idaho while we were there! This is a photo of dad's windmill. Its amazing how the snow curled around it. There was over 50 inches of snow when we left on Dec. 27th. And it's snowed several times since then!


As you can see, we had a great Christmas. I hope it continues into the new year!

No comments: