Thursday, January 1, 2009

It's 2009!

Its hard to believe that another year has gone by. And what a year it was. So many good things happened. Let's hope this year will be just as good or even better!

Mike and I went to a New Years Eve party last night and had a really good time. We got home around 12:45. I stayed up reading until Chelsea got home at 1:00. I woke up around 6:00 and couldn't get back to sleep so I got up and finished my book "The Hour I First Believed" by Wally Lamb. My mom got it for me for Christmas. I started reading it on Saturday and had a hard time putting it down. I'm glad I'm done because school starts again on Monday and I probably won't have much time for leisurely reading.

About 9:00 I decided to go for a run. It wasn't very good because I haven't run regularly for about 3 months, and have put on some weight so my knees were acting up. The first 2 miles were actually pretty good and reminded me why I really do like running. The last mile sucked and reminded me why its not a good idea to to take a 3 month break!

Mike and I have resolved to be healthier this year. We want to share as many years as possible together. We want to travel and stay active after we retire so now is the time to take action on that. I am considering going back to Weight Watchers again after taking way too much time off of that. We'll have to see how my school and internship works out. If I can't go to a meeting I just might do the online version. I only have 7 lbs to lose but its always harder to lose a small amount than a big one for some reason. At only 5'1" tall those 7 lbs really show, and I can really feel them.

I am excited for the new year and all the hope it brings. So let's see how it goes!

No comments: