Friday, January 16, 2009

The Eagles are coming!

I just saw in the paper that the Eagles are coming to Utah! Tickets go on sale on Saturday so you can bet that I'll be at my computer getting a pair! I saw the Eagles here in 1995 I believe. It was an awesome concert. I'd love to see them again! I know it will cost an arm and a leg but they are getting older and so am I so it's worth it!

Speaking of concerts, Mike and I are going to see Styx in Wendover next month. The concert hall there has only 1000 seats so there really isn't a bad seat in the house. Mike bought the tickets so I don't know where we'll be sitting.

Mike comes home today from Vegas and we may go to the high school basketball game. Chelsea is in the pep band so we'd like to see her play. I don't mind basketball games. At least it's warm and I pretty much understand the game. Mike wanted to go see Weber State football games but it's just too dang cold for me!

Tomorrow night is supposed to be a date night so we'll probably go to dinner and a movie. I think we might go see the new Will Smith movie. Mike likes action adventure movies and I'm okay with them as long as they aren't too gory. I like Will Smith so it should be a good movie for both of us. Besides, the last movie we went to see was Mama Mia, and he didn't complain about that so I have to give him some credit.

Our basement remodel is coming along. The bathroom is framed and the plumbing is almost roughed in. I can't wait for the noise and the mess to be done, though!

Today I had intended to go running but I was lazy and slept in so I'll probably take the dog for a walk later instead. Right now I need to clean the bathroom and get some homework done!

3 comments:

Carol said...

It's not too late to go running! The afternoon temps are just perfect. But, Scruffy probably could use the exercise. Hey - why not both?

cjknick said...

Ok, I'm jealous. I love The Eagles and I love Styx. Saw them 3 times in my teens :)

If you're referring to Seven Pounds, it's supposed to be an awesome movie. It's on my list to see. Supposed to send a great message but you won't get the message until near the end.

Have fun!

Cindy

salgal said...

Hi Mary! I just added your blog to my favorites so I can check it periodically without forgetting to. Thanks for the nice words on my blog! You are awesome!! Chris and I went to the Alaskan Inn and just hung out today. It was very fun. The kids spent the night at their cousins and had so much fun. Have a great weekend.