Saturday, January 24, 2009

It's raining, it's pouring.....

Thank goodness for the rain! The smog is starting to leave us. Last night it was so bad that we were fogged in! Pretty good trick when we live in the desert and have no humidity. What little moisture there was clung to the particulates in the air and pretended to be fog instead of gross, thick, stinking air.

Yesterday I took Chelsea to get her eye exam. I called Mt. Ogden Eye Center for an appointment and told them I needed a glasses and contact prescription for her. When we checked in they asked for the $12 co-pay, which I paid. The technician took us to a room, checked Chelsea's eyes and asked us if we needed a glasses prescription. I told her we needed both glasses and contacts. The doctor came in, asked Chelsea is the lenses the tech set up worked for her. Chelsea said they did. He looked into her eyes, then asked if we needed a prescription for glasses. I again said we needed one for glasses and contacts. He took her chart, handed to the tech and said we needed to go see the optician. I explained that we weren't intending to buy from them (we get ours at Costco). She took us to the optician who announced that to get a contact prescription we would have to pay an extra $75. Now this pissed me right off! There was never any mention of an extra fee for the contact lense prescription at any point until after the exam. I told the optician that I could have gotten the whole thing done at Costco for $80, only went to Mt. Ogden because that is where our insurance pays. So we left, never to return to Mt. Ogden Eye Center again, and went to Costco, where we ordered glasses and paid $40 to get a contact lense prescription. The doc there didn't charge us for the full eye exam since we'd just had one. Next time I'll go to Costco, where they have their prices clearly displayed, pay for the exam and submit the claim to my insurance and see what happens.

Yesterday Mike and I were looking at the paper and saw that the Utah Symphany Orchestra is going to play at WSU. The them is how music is composed. Since Chelsea is a music nut and wants to become a music teacher we thought this would be good to take her to. Unfortunately I have class that night so Mike said he'd take her. When I talked to Chelsea she was all for it. So, this will be their real first father/daughter outing. I don't know why I'm so excited about it, I don't even get to go!

Last night we all went out to Olive Garden for dinner. Then Chelsea went off to her high school basketball game. They were playing their rival and won! Mike and I had a quiet evening at home watching "I am Legend" with Will Smith. Mike didn't really care for the movie, but I liked it. Especially the scene where Will Smith is doing pull-ups, showing off his amazing arm and shoulder muscles. Best part of the movie, in my opinion! :)

Well, I need to head to the store. We are having salmon for dinner (from Costco) and I need to pick up a few things. So I'm out of here!

No comments: