Sunday, January 4, 2009

Back from Wendover

Mike and I went to Wendover, NV to visit with some friends from South Dakota. Shelia, Matt, Woody, Carla, Gammaw and some of Shelia's friends came down on an excursion trip. We had loads of fun catching up with them. The last time we'd seen them was when we went to South Dakota right after our wedding.

I'm not much of a gambler. I think I gambled about $30 the whole 3 years I lived in Las Vegas. The last time we went to Wendover (my first time) I think Mike convinced me to play video poker and I lost $10. This time Shelia convinced me to try my hand at "21". We went to the Red Garter (closing this month for good) where they have $2 tables. I picked up the basics pretty easy, mostly because I can actually count to "21"! The finer points of gambling are a little harder. Guess I'll learn eventually. Now I do like "21" and will probably try my hand again when we go back on Feb. 21st to see the Styx concert.

Chelsea stayed home with her friend, Somer. I can't wait to hear stories about it when she is much older and not worried about being grounded! :)

School starts tomorrow and so does my healthy living attitude. I gained some weight from eating too much and not exercising enough (okay, not at all!) and taking the dreaded prednisone! Now it's got to come off! I am going back to Weight Watchers and have subscribed to a Weight Watchers recipe blog. I am back to running and have a Wii Fit so I have no excuse on that front.

I am going to lay off the wine, except on weekends and really get back to a better life. I feel so bloated and unattractive right now. I do have to say that I really love Mike for not saying anything about my weight gain, but I know he'll be supportive of the healthy eating and exercising.

No comments: