Thursday, May 14, 2009

Uggh

I am so tired of being less than able-bodied. I know I am making good progress, but the weather is nice and I want to run. The pin in my tibia is really bothering me. Both Mike and my physical therapist are suggesting I get it taken out. I am hesitant because I have pins and a plate on my fibula that also needs to come out but that can't happen until October. If I get the tibia pin out now that will mean two operations. I am going to see if I can get it out using local anesthesia. If that is possible then I will get it done.

I am depressed because I've gained about 10 lbs this winter. I am doing Julian Micheal's 30 Day Shred DVD workout to get some strength and cardio exercise. I am also going to add in some walking and short periods of running. My PT thinks I am ready as long as the pain in my tibia doesn't get too bad.

Tomorrow is the expo for the Ogden Marathon, which is on Saturday. I was training for a relay for this race when I broke my ankle. I will be glad when the race is over so I won't have that to remind me of my stupidity. I plan on running it next year, however, just to make myself feel better. Not the whole marathon, but just a leg of a relay team.

I haven't accomplished much since school got out but really need to focus more on my task list. I feel guilty when Mike comes home from work and I've done nothing all day.

Last night we went to see the new Star Trek movie. It was surprisingly very good. I am not a Star Trek fan but went because Mike really wanted to see it. I figured I owed him since he went to see Mama Mia with me and watched Twilight with Chelsea and me. I was glad it turned out to be such a good movie.

Tonight I am actually going to scrapbook. I printed off about 300 photos from the past two years and am going to sit down while the Grey's Anatomy season finale is on and actually complete at least one two page layout. I think I have just been scared to get started again because it has been so long. Well, here I go!

No comments: