Saturday, May 9, 2009

Graduation

Here I am with my diploma, finally! It was such a great day! My mom and dad came:


My parents instilled in me the necessity of getting an education. They have always supported and encouraged me. Thanks Mom and Dad for all you've done for me over the years. I wouldn't be the person I am today without you!









This not-so-little girl helped me get through school as well. She is such a good kid that I really never had to spend a lot of time worrying about her. She has really been helpful to me when I've been busy with homework, stressed about tests and worried about being successful. I love this girl!


And here is the love of my life. Mike has encouraged me so much the last two years. And for the last year he has worked to support our family and has never once complained about the fact that I don't have a paying job. He has encouraged me to take the summer off before graduate school and even told me not to rush to get a job after I finish next year! He rarely complained about all the papers everywhere, the textbooks on the counter and the endless hours I spent in front of the computer. He always had faith that I would get into graduate school, even when I had serious doubt. He's always there for me and I love him so much.

My friends, Candy and Laura came to support me as well. I can't tell you how many times over the years I've called Candy to pick up or take Chelsea somewhere or to do something for me. And Laura, well, she's my best friend. She knows everything about me and I know I can always call her to talk about anything. She's been a big cheerleader for me and I just look forward to growing old with her.



Tonight I am having a party with some of the people I graduated with. I hope we will stay in touch after graduation, but we'll see. I know how that goes.

3 comments:

Carol said...

I saw in the newspaper today that KUED is broadcasting the graduation ceremony today.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS MARY!!!!! I'm so proud of you. Your an inspiration to me.

Teri

salgal said...

I'm glad we were able to come see you on your special day. Thanks for inviting us. Congratulations again!!