Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

Mike had mentioned going hiking yesterday so this morning I got up, showered, got dressed and woke him up to go. He didn't want to go so early (7:30) even though we had gone to bed at 9:30 last night. I think someone is getting old! :) Anyway I decided to go on my own. I got chastised by my brother and sister for this but I went hiking to Waterfall Canyon which is a very popular hike so I was never really alone for very long. In the end I was sort of glad that I went alone because I am in pretty good shape and could go as fast as I wanted. Mike's idea of exercise is walking behind a self-propelled lawn mower so I don't think he'd have wanted to keep up with the pace I set for myself. Here's a photo of the waterfall:

After the hike I met up with the kids. They were long-boarding at Weber State University. Chelsea got one a few weeks ago and then Jake got one. Now several of their friends have them. Here is Chelsea:
Here is Jake:
Here are a couple of photos of the long-boarding crew:

No comments: