Thursday, September 3, 2009

A short post

As you know school has started, for me and the kids. So it has been crazy around here. I started my internship at Weber Human Services and I am really enjoying it. The agency works with mostly Seriously and Persistently Mentally Ill. All are on Medicaid. After working in a private practice last year it has been quite a change. I am also in graduate school but am relieve to find that it appears to be easier than undergraduate school. That's good because on top of my internship I am taking 18 credit hours.

Mike went to Indonesia and Malaysia for 3 weeks. I'm not a big fan of him being gone that long. He will be going to Las Vegas in October and I think that is all for the rest of this year. After the first of the year he will be traveling again. I'm not sure where but he loves to travel so I know he'll have a good time. Wish I could go with him!

Jake has settled in nicely here and is doing well. He had an accident with his long board but is healing. He is excited about his physics class and likes his beginning guitar class. He is preparing to try out for the Blue Knights, which is a professional drum corp.

Chelsea also wants to try out for the Blue Knights. I hope they both make it. Chelsea is enjoying school also. She has quite a few music related classes so that makes her happy. She was nominated for Homecoming Queen and had her picture taken today for that. So, here she is:
Gorgeous, isn't she! The game is on September 18th. She isn't too happy that she won't be able to play in the marching band at half time but she'll have other opportunities for that. Not many girls can say they were nominated to be the Queen!

2 comments:

Carol said...

Dang, that daughter of yours is looking mighty fine!

Anonymous said...

Hope she makes the final queen she is pretty. You'll have to watch the guys. Agnes