Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Stitches out!

So, just as a reminder, it all started February 11, 2009 when I went running and managed to hit the only piece of black ice on the road and broke my ankle.  This is a photo that Mike took in the emergency room: 


I ended up getting plates and screws in my ankle:



But that didn't stop me! I started running in May, ran a 5K in July and then a 10K in September:

 

Last week I finally got the hardware removed.  I think the plate would make a great bracelet!



And yesterday I got my stitches out!


It really hurt much more than I thought to get the stitches out.  And the bad news is the doctor was adamant that I not run for a month.   I can start using a stationary bike or elliptical trainer next week.  I'm not thrilled about that but I will live with it because this saga has gone on long enough and I don't want to risk another injury.  I am going to run the Ogden 1/2 marathon in May so I need to take care of my little ankle!






















1 comment:

Carol said...

You'll survive a month because it is the worst weather for running. Just plan how you're going to do your "come back" run! (I was off almost 3 weeks when I had my foot surgery and within as many weeks I was back to where I started).