Monday, June 1, 2009

It's about time...

I updated my blog! I did get the not so subtle hints that I needed to update my blog. We've been busy people around here. Chelsea was busy finishing school. She lettered in band and also got a couple of awards for band and marching band. Here she is with her certificates:

Mike and I went to Panguitch and camped with some friends. We went to Bryce Canyon, where we saw some amazing scenery.





























My nieces, Amanda and Jennifer, came to visit and we had lots of fun together. They are both in college, with Amanda finishing her teaching degree this fall and Jennifer just starting on her Social Work degree. What a smart girl! :) Well, actually both of them are. I am so proud of them. I am hoping they can come again soon!



Jennifer is on the left and Amanda is on the right. This was taken at Rainbow Gardens. We went to the Greenery for dinner and they had these cute benches outside.



I am running again. What an amazing experience to be able to run after all my ankle has been through the past 3 1/2 months. Today I ran 31 out of the 44 minutes I was out exercising. I walked the rest, but at a good pace. It won't be long before I'll be running all the time! I plan on running the Cherry Day's 5K on July 4th and the Jon Francis 5K on August 22nd. Maybe a few in between as well. Jon is the youth pastor from our church who died while hiking in the Sawtooth mountains several years ago. He had an amazing effect on Chelsea and on her spiritual growth. The money raised will go towards Luther Heights Bible Camp scholarships and the Jon Francis Foundation.

Mike is busy with work and will start his new job next week. He will be traveling all over the world with this job and he is very excited about it. I will miss him while he is gone, but am very glad that he finally has a job that he loves. Plus he'll probably bring home cool gifts! :)

I have totally slacked on keeping involved with my old internship location this summer. I only have 6 more weeks until I start classes for graduate school and then will get started on my new internship right after that. And I've really accomplished nothing so far except to read a lot and I actually scrapbooked one whole page! I am going through all my scrapbook stuff and getting rid of a lot that I know I won't ever use. I really can't justify buying anything new because I have nowhere to put it.

We didn't get an opportunity to get our garden rototilled this year so we have resorted to container gardening. We have two tomato plants, two sweet pepper and two hot pepper plants, an eggplant plant and parsley, basil and rosemary. Actually this way means a lot less problems with weeds and we won't have too much produce. But I really do hope to have a "real" garden next year.

Okay, that's all for today and I do really plan on trying a little harder to keep this updated. Have a great day!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is this the same Mary Waddell that retired from the USAF. Please contact me at atarallo1@cox.net to let me know. Thank you

Anthony Tarallo