Thursday, July 29, 2010

Life

The house has been really quiet around here.  It's been just Scruffy and me for the past several days.  I've been doing chores around the house, studying for my licensing exam and working a little bit.  I start full time at my job in September.  I'll have every Friday off which will be really nice. I did have my Godson's, Iain and Elias, over last night and we had loads of fun. 


Iain liked the sidewalk chalk, but said it smelled like fireworks.

Elias preferred the sprinkler and kept trying to get "Grandma Mary" wet.


They both liked the bubbles but preferred to use them as light sabers so I got out the real light sabers.


And guess who got to play with them??  Usually it is Uncle Mike but since he's not here I was the lucky one!  :)  I had my arms and legs cut off and stabbed in my tummy, but I had a lot of lives, according to Elias.  Later we watched a Star Wars movie and I got to play with Star Wars action figures.  I had to have the bad guys, not sure why.  I asked Elias if his other grandma's played Star Wars and he said they didn't know how!  I had to laugh because I didn't know how either, but he was happy to tell me how!

While I was busy with that Iain found some markers that a friend had given me and decided to color the Etch-a-Sketch and the couch.  Luckily they were washable markers and it all came off.  I must've looked mad when I first saw it because Iain kept saying "I so sorry, I so sorry."  God made little children cute for moments like this. :)

We had popcorn and bananas and yellow watermelon and then just before their parents got here they got some fruit roll ups.  Needless to say Mom and Dad weren't excited when they saw that, considering it was bed time!  Oh well, that's what grandma's are for!

No comments: