Thursday, April 16, 2009

Chelsea is home, and bearing gifts!

Chelsea was really glad to get home, even though she had a great time in Rome and Greece. She got to see the Pope in Rome and got to run on the original Olympic track in Olympia. We bought her a cheap video camera before she left. It was a great investment! The videos turned out really well and she had a great time recording her adventures.

Chelsea brought home some gifts and here they are:



This is a coral necklace she bought for me. It's even my favorite color!








This is a beautiful Murano glass dish. The colors are amazing.







She also got me this cute apron. She knows I love aprons and I love wine. What a smart girl!






We always get a Christmas ornament from our travels. We already have one from Rome, so Chelsea picked up this hand painted one from Greece.



Chelsea got Mike a t-shirt from the Hard Rock Cafe in Athens. He loves Rock n' Roll and dragons so this will be perfect for him. She also got him a coffee mug from Greece. Mike used to live in Greece so I know he will really enjoy these reminders.


Chelsea got Harley this t-shirt from Italy. It is her favorite color so I know she'll love it. We'll get this in the mail this weekend.



I am so glad to have my baby home! Mike called this morning from England. It was really nice to hear his voice. It will be nice to have my whole family back together. Only 10 more days until he gets home. In the meantime I am busy finishing all of my papers for school. I've registered for graduate school and am looking forward to getting done with that next year and going to work. Of course, when the time comes I probably won't want to go back to work. I sure do enjoy these quiet mornings. I intentionally get up early so I have time to read my email, read the paper and check out Facebook. I love not having to rush, even if it means I miss out on an hour of sleep!

4 comments:

Jenn said...

What a fun trip for Chelsea to take! Was it with her school? I think I missed something, somewhere... I'm totally jealous, though - both places are super high on my "someday" travels list. Glad she had a great time, but even more happy she's back home!

The Fullers said...

What a thoughtful daughter!!! Not only did she buy gifts, but gifts that were meaningful! You've done good!!! I totally understand the getting up early thing...even on mornings I don't run I get up early to really enjoy my time. That will be missed once I'm back in the working world again.

sara :) said...

OK, that dish is AMAZING! I can't wait to see pictures from the trip!

Carol said...

I love that dish!