Tuesday, April 21, 2009

School's out for the summer!

Can you believe how thick this is? It is my Capstone paper that I have been writing for the past 3 semesters. It is the final paper for senior Social Work major's at Weber State University. It's about 3/4" thick. I am so glad it is done, and actually amazed that I accomplished it. Thank goodness it's over!







Here is the front cover. As you can see, it is so thick it has to be bound!







Yesterday was the last day at my field placement agency. It was a sad day for me. I really love working there and actually hope to go back after I get my master's degree. The owner gave me a really nice jacket with the agency logo on it. I am actually the only one with this jacket! She said that now I will have to come back because I'll be wearing this all the time! Too bad it's getting warm out so I won't have a chance to wear it, unless of course it gets cold again, which it just might!


Chelsea got a Royal Respect pin from school yesterday for having at least a 3.0 GPA and no attendance loss (which means no unexcused absences). We are so proud of her!


My ankle is healing nicely and I am now able to use the elliptical trainer at the gym. In fact, I am on my way there now. After that I am going to physical therapy where I will get to "run" in the pool! I am so excited. I am walking without my boot and if you don't look closely you can't really tell that I have a slight limp. I'm working hard to get rid of that! There is some pain with all this but nothing worth complaining about. At least I am walking. And I know it won't be too long before I am running again!

1 comment:

salgal said...

Congrats on getting that monstrous paper done! Isn't it a great feeling!! Congrats to Chelsea for the honor pin she received!! And Congrats on being able to walk..something we always take for granted until something happens that takes it away from us. I limped for about a year after I had knee surgery.