Saturday, April 11, 2009

My parents are visiting



















My mom and dad are here for the weekend. They spend the winter in Arizona in their RV and got back to N. Idaho when the weather gets better. I hope it is nicer there than here, although today is a pretty nice day. They love to go out on their 4 wheelers. They put 1200 miles on their machines in the 4 months. They are definitely enjoying their retirement.

Chelsea is in Europe. She was in Rome and saw the Pope in St. Peter's Square. It is Holy Week so that was good timing. She is now in Greece and and got to go to Olympia, site of the first Olympics. Chelsea is crazy about anything to do with the Olympics so this was really amazing to her.

Mike leaves in a few hours to go to England and Germany for two weeks for work. It doesn't seem quite fair that I am the only one who has to stay home. If it weren't for school I would be going with Mike, but I have too much to do.

My ankle is healing quite well and I am walking without my boot at home. I am going to physical therapy twice a week and my therapist is surprised at how well I am doing. I am so determined to run again soon that I am doing everything I'm told. You can see in the photo below that I still have some swelling. The two spots near the top of my foot are from fracture blisters. I still have the pins and plate in foot, but they are now bothering me when I try to bend my ankle. I have an appointment on April 24th to see the surgeon and I am hoping at that time I'll get to get rid of my boot completely and will be able to schedule surgery to get the hardware out. That will mean a few more days of crutches, but then I should be well on my way to healing.

1 comment:

salgal said...

Hi Mary! That is fun that your parents came by. How long did Chelsea get to go to Europe and with what group? How FUN!! Glad your foot is on the mend!