Thursday, April 2, 2009

Concerts

Chelsea and I went to see the David Archuleta at the E-Center. There were two other people who opened for him. They weren't too bad. Who knows, maybe we'll be able to say we saw them before they were famous! The audience was made up of screaming girls and older women. It was absolutely crazy! I think I might have been the only person there who didn't know any of his songs. I spent most of the time entertaining (or irritating) friends by updating my Facebook status every couple of minutes. It was nice to have some mother/daughter time though it was a late night for both of us.





















The next night we went to the Genesis Project and watched a band called Rough Draft. There were really good. Chelsea has been playing their music since she first saw them at Winterfest in Estes Park, CO. She has such a crush on Pedro, the drummer. He seemed like a nice boy. She was absolutely thrilled when the band dedicated a song to her and her friend. I left before it was over because my ears were fried. When Chelsea came home she was so excited because Pedro had given her one of his drumsticks. She also got a signed poster and sat with the band after the concert. There was an improv so they all listened together. Luckily Pedro is long gone. He's 19 and even Chelsea said he is too old for her now, but in a couple of years that won't be true. Hmm. I so remember these kinds of crushes.




Here is a photo of Pedro and Chelsea. I think they look like they could be brother and sister but of course Chelsea says it's just the glasses that makes them look similar. They are cute together. :)








Well, concerts aren't just for kids. Earlier in the week my friend Carol brought up the Elton John/Billy Joel concert which is happening in November. I didn't think Mike would want to go, but I asked he said he definitely wanted to go. So Carol and her husband spent the morning getting us tickets. Sadly, we have to mortgage our house to afford the tickets, but that's the way it goes. It is a 3 hour concert with just them, playing all of their best tunes, alone and together. It will be wonderful I'm sure. I copied the picture below off of Carol's Facebook page. We both attend Ascension Lutheran Church, although not the one in the photo. Can you tell Carol is excited?! Well so am I, I just can't believe we have to wait until November to go! In the meantime I think we'll be going to see Pat Benetar in Wendover in July. That should hold us over for awhile, and it is a fraction of the cost of the EJ/BJ concert! (Thanks, Laura for coming up with the abreviated name!)




No comments: