Friday, March 20, 2009

Cast

I go in today to have my ankle x-rayed. I have been really hoping to get a walking cast today. It has been 5 weeks since I broke my ankle. I have been counting down the days and telling Mike that I am sure I am getting a walking cast. I have begun to figure out how to do things like laundry, but it just takes so long. I still have a hard time with groceries. Luckily we have a fridge in the garage that is very close to my car so I can get things in there that need to be frozen or refrigerated until either Mike or Chelsea come home.

I love the warm weather but again, it is hard to be out enjoying it on crutches or even on my knee scooter. I am so looking forward to the day when I can take my dog for a walk.

Yesterday I went to Home Depot to get some blinds for Chelsea's new rooms and bathroom. I got the best service I have ever gotten at Home Depot, and the best service I have gotten anywhere since I broke my leg. I mentioned this to one of the employees and they said they have recommitted themselves to excellant customer service since the economy has gone bad. They said they are happy for all the customers and want them to come back. It worked for me.

On the other extreme was when I stopped at Wal-Mart. That shouldn't be a surprise. The woman at the front acted like I was asking her for money when I asked if I could use a motorized scooter. Now I know I don't look as old or as heavy as most people who use those scooters, but it is very hard to get around that store on crutches and you really cannot push a cart while using a knee scooter. But what do you expect from a store that doesn't pay it's employees a living wage. I guess I'd be unhappy too if I had to work there.

Scruffy goes in today to get his thyroid checked. He's been on meds for about 1.5 months and I think he looks like he's lost some weight. So we'll see.

Last night we had family movie night and watched Eagle Eye. It was a really good movie. It's nice to be able to find movies that a man, woman and teenage girl will all like. Luckily Chelsea likes action/adventure movies, and Mike has been known to watch an occasional "chick flick".

I guess I need to get busy and get some stuff done today so I can feel productive!

No comments: