Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Dress

This is the dress!

This is the dress Chelsea decided to get for the prom. She looks so beautiful and can you believe that small waist! Yes the dress is orange, which happens to be Chelsea's favorite color. The only problem with this dress is it needs to be hemmed. Now I do have some very basic sewing skills but hemming a beautiful prom dress is not something I can do. Anyone know where I can get this hemmed without paying as much as I paid for the dress?!!

In 8 days I go back to the doctor to get my ankle x-rayed. I have been telling everyone that I will be getting a walking cast on that day. It will be 5 weeks since I broke my ankle so it may not happen, but you just never know. I have been very good and have not put any weight on it so it just could happen. Then I can start doing physical therapy in a pool. The clinic where I go for Phy. therapy has a small pool and they have all the floaty things to be able to "run" in the water. Sounds good to me!

I've been enjoying my spring break but haven't gotten half the stuff done I planned on doing. I haven't slept in late, it's just that it takes me much longer than most to get were I need to be so sometimes I just decide not to bother. I am getting around pretty well now that my shoulder is almost healed, and my elbow is about healed also. See, my ankle is probably following suit so it doesn't feel left out and I'll be walking/running in no time! How's that for the power of positive thinking?

4 comments:

Carol said...

There's a place by the main gate at Hill that does alterations, called Topaz or something similar. Also, a dry cleaner can do it for you. I've used both with good results.

Jenn said...

Oh. My. GOSH!!!

She's looks absolutely gorgeous in that dress Mary! Wow. And she's so TINY!!!

I've been thinking about you lots, and hoping that you're healing well. I'll be looking forward to hearing about how your next appointment goes.

Hugs!!!

salgal said...

I did the comparison of the blue dress vs. the orange dress and the orange one does make her glow. I thought I would have liked the blue one better, but the orange one looks amazing on her! When is prom anyway? My mom gets her stuff altered for an inexpensive price if you want to have me check into it.

salgal said...

Oh, I am glad that you are mending and your body is becoming
"unbroken." Talk to you later.