Monday, March 9, 2009

New Phone

I wanted to get an iPhone but didn't want to be on AT&T so I decided to go with a cute little LG Dare, which has a touch screen and lots of other features. I really like it and I am now on the same network as the rest of the family (Verizon). I've been playing with it all weekend. One of the cool things is that I can upload pictures to my computer using Bluetooth technology. Very fast and easy. In fact, here is a picture I took of Chelsea yesterday while we were out looking for dresses for the Junior Prom:





Isn't she beautiful?



Before we started looking for dresses we stopped at the Sephora store in JCPenney and bought her some makeup. She has not worn makeup so this was fun for her. We bought tinted moisturizer, blush and mascara. It looks very natural on her and just highlights her natural beauty.

She is going to the prom with a whole group of kids. They are all friends and have spent a lot of time hanging out at our house the last year or so. None of them are dating so it won't be a big romantic date, but should be lots of fun.


It is snowing out again today. I hate it! It is hard to get around with a broken ankle. It is slippery so neither the crutches nor the scooter feel very safe. I had to go out this morning and again this evening but tonight Mike will be with me so he can drive and help me get around.

We are supposed to be getting new carpet in the new rooms in the basement today. They said the installers would be here between 11 and 1:00. They have 10 minutes to get here! I hate waiting for people, but it seems that the businesses are in control and there is nothing you can do about it but wait. And of course if they don't show up on time you just have to keep waiting. :(

3 comments:

mamachele said...

oh my goodness! She is so beautiful and so grown up. Enjoy this time Mom, it doesn't last very long!
always,
michele

Carol said...

Ug oh! She's gone and done it now. Tell Chelsea she's beautiful (is that the dress she got?). You must be very proud of her, and rightfully so!

salgal said...

Blue is definitely Chelsea's color! Very striking in it and beautiful!! How did she do in the drumline competition on the 7th?