Friday, March 20, 2009

I can walk!

This is my new boot! I went to see the surgeon today and he was very surprised at how well I was healing. He was also very surprised that my cast had not been walked on. So now I have this beautiful boot! I don't have to wear it to bed and I can even take a bath! My foot looks really gross but I am going to scrub it up, put on some lotion and hopefully it will look better. In two weeks I can start walking around the house for a couple of hours with no boot! I start physical therapy on Wednesday! I am just soooo excited. Oh, and I almost forgot the best part. When I had my surgery the doctor said I could think about running again in 6 months. Today he said, if all goes well, I can start jogging in two months! My prayers were definitely answered today!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Hurrah! Just think, you'll be back to walking, then running, in no time!