Saturday, March 14, 2009

Joy in the Journey


Find Joy in the Journey

I made this vinyl wall art on my Silhouette cutting machine. If you can't tell that is a dandelion. I think it turned out pretty good. It is on the wall at the bottom of the stairs in the basement.

Last night Mike went to the Genesis Project with Chelsea and me. The GP is a Christian church that is very, very casual and plays very contemporary Christian music. I was sort of surprised that Mike went since he's not a Christian and doesn't do church. But one of his friends, and Chelsea, asked him to go so he went and seemed to have a good time. He is a music lover and the music is very good. Today he went and helped rearrange the seating. Hmm.

I have been reading Eat,Pray, Love. I am really enjoying it and am about 2/3 of the way done. Yesterday one of my neighbors, who I occasionally talked to when I was out running, came to see how I was doing. She said that the lady who rescued me when I broke my ankle was in her book club (and in her ward). I told her I wanted to join a book club so she invited me to hers. I'll probably be the only non-LDS woman there, but I don't care. The book we are reading is "A New Earth" by Eckhart Tolle. It is a spiritual book on awakening a new "you". Eat,Pray, Love has a similar message, not really advice or a how to, but really an example of how to find enlightenment, which is a Zen sort of experience or even self-actualization which is based on Maslow's theory of hierarchy. I don't really know how to explain it but both books are not based on any specific religious teaching or even encourages any specific religion. Maybe God is talking to me and telling me to pay more attention and to deepen my faith. Maybe this is part of a journey I am on. I am ready for this and am looking forward to reading "A New Earth". I need to get busy because the book club meets on March 24th and it doesn't appear to be an easy read.

I also have plenty of school work to keep me busy so I had probably get busy right now on that.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Let me know what you think about the book. I liked the "idea of it" but finally quit reading it, it was just too much for me. Oh, the art work is beautiful!