Friday, February 6, 2009

New Toy!

I'm on the train on my way to the University. I'm playing with my new toy: an Acer Aspire One netbook. It's way smaller than my laptop, more the size of a portable dvd player. I LOVE it! I can get on the internet using the wi-fi on the train and it is so lightweight! It only weighs about 3 lbs. I bought it because I am going to be going to SLC at least 2 and possibly 5 days a week starting this summer for graduate school and with my neck problems I can't carry my laptop in a backpack every day. This way I can use commuting time to do homework, which is what I should be doing now! :)

It is raining out so I am getting to experience the joy of using public transportation in bad weather! I was going to drive today but I wanted to try out my new toy and also see if I could stand traveling in bad weather. Since I'll be spending 12 months doing this I need to see if I should just drive on days like this, although these days are when the freeway gets bogged down because of accidents so who knows which is the better way.

Well, I need to get some homework done so I'm going to sign off now!

1 comment:

Carol said...

You are so funny! Choo! Choo!