Saturday, February 28, 2009

Just shoot me and put me out of my misery!

Last Friday at the HS basketball game I jammed my shoulder with my crutch while trying to get into the bleachers. It has been getting worse and worse as each day goes by. I went to the doctor yesterday and he thinks I either strained or tore my rotator cuff. I am supposed to stay off my crutches as much as possible. Anyone have a wheel chair I can borrow? :(

But I did get some good news. I went for my dexa scan and my bone density is actually improving according to the test. My surgeon said I had the bones of a 70 year old woman, which is contradictory to the test. Who do I believe? I'll talk to my doctor and see what he thinks. The dexa scan is supposed to be pretty reliable, but an eye witness (the ortho surgeon) is pretty reliable also. So we'll see on that, although I choose to believe I am okay in that arena. I do need some good news don't I?

Chelsea had her wisdom teeth out yesterday. Hopefully this will resolve her ear pain issue. The ENT couldn't find anything wrong with her ears, she had an MRI to rule out TMJ problems (the same day I broke my ankle) and the only thing the oral surgeon could see was her wisdom teeth pushing against her jaw bone. In any case she had to have them out at some point, so its done. The surgeon sent her flowers today. Why didn't my surgeon send me any? :)

Speaking of surgery, I got the hospital bill for my two day stay, including surgery. It was over $17400! And that does not include the surgeon's bill. Glad I have such great insurance and will only have to pay $35 for the hospital stay and only $12 for the surgeon.

I must say that Mike has been wonderful. He already does most of the house cleaning because he's a cleaning fanatic, but now he does laundry, cooking and grocery shopping. He won't let me do anything. It will get old after awhile, but I am enjoying it for now!

Well, I really have to finish a paper that is due on Monday. It's only 10 pages so why does it seem so hard??

2 comments:

Carol said...

I guess the good news is that the only good part left is your mind . . . and once that's gone the rest won't matter!

salgal said...

Holy cow Mary! I can't believe your luck. You just need to walk around in a styrofoam suit;) How is Chelsea and the wisdom teeth? Is she sore? I am glad you have Mike. Your parents would have had to move in with you to take care of you. He is a great guy!! Can I do anything for you. By the way, I want your insurance!!